Practicing self-care is a key part of maintaining your mental health as a veterinary professional. We headed to the @DrAndyRoark Instagram to find out what you do just for yourself.
1. “Take a pee break! Don’t hold it in.” – @nebacon
2. “All the exercise!” @tin_sta_gram
3.”Find a really good wine 🍷😜.” – @melanieholding
4. “Make sure to get your well-deserved sleep.” -@jonathanosischua
5. “Get a mani/pedi.” @acupunctureforpets
6. “Lots of snacks for the busy days when you can’t get a break!” @tonyatack
7. “Listen to the professionals giving you self-care advice.” – @hunekes
What’s your self-care tip?
Share it in the comments below, and be sure to follow the @DrAndyRoark Instagram for your chance to be featured in a future article.
Remember: This blog is meant to be a light-hearted look at self-care, but there are amazing resources for you if you need a helping hand. Check out the VIN Foundation’s Vets4Vets as a starting point.
Danielle is a veterinary practice manager and the founder of SnoutSchool.com, a website dedicated to teaching veterinary hospitals to use social media effectively. You can get her 5 favorite social media tools here, or follow her on social media to see excessive photos of her Brussels Griffon. She’s @DanielleSnout on Snapchat, Instagram & Twitter.