No matter how much I lecture on the subject, I have trouble convincing veterinary professionals (including myself!) to practice good self-care. So, my dogs Frieda and Schatzie are going to see if a dose of cuteness will help cure what ails you. I assure you, they know what they’re talking about. These are some seriously happy, care-free dogs!
1. Get plenty of sleep
2. Drink water all day long
3. Meditate, do yoga, or just breathe deeply
4. Exercise – by yourself or with a friend.
5. Ask for what you need
6. Have a hobby
7. Speak up when someone crosses your boundaries.
8. Whether they are a friend, colleague or therapist, have someone you can trust with your secrets.
9. Spend quality time with the ones you love – and that includes time by yourself.
10. Be grateful for all that you have and all that you have learned.
Please take care of yourselves. You are important.