It feels great when pet owners show their appreciation for our work as veterinary professionals. However, when gifts are involved, there’s no denying that sometimes things can range from amazingly thoughtful to straight-up strange.
We asked the @DrAndyRoark Instagram followers to to share the most unique gifts they’ve ever received. Here’s what they had to say!
1. “A client said she wanted to buy me dinner for picking maggots out of her dog’s rectum, but I graciously declined and said I didn’t have an appetite!” – @sarah_l_moore
2. “We have a client that drops off 20 bags of chips every couple of weeks. #welikechips “- @weareanimalhosp
3. “Stale and moldy cake pops that appeared to be re-gifted.” – @the.hillwolf
4. “A lovely old woman asked me about my favourite wild animal…returned with a painting of an owl a week later.” – @wielinga
5. “Holiday ornament made from their pet rabbit’s fur.” – @lo_h2ohouse
Have you received a unique gift?
Tell us about yours in the comments below, and be sure to follow the @DrAndyRoark Instagram for your chance to be featured in a future post!
Danielle is a veterinary practice manager and the founder of SnoutSchool.com, a website dedicated to teaching veterinary hospitals to use social media effectively. You can get her 5 favorite social media tools here, or follow her on social media to see excessive photos of her Brussels Griffon. She’s @DanielleSnout on Snapchat, Instagram & Twitter.