Nail trims can be a scary experience for some cats and dogs. That’s the last thing we want! With time, patience and a LOT of treats, you can get your pet on board with nail trims. In this episode of Ask Dr. Andy, Dr. Roark reveals some simple steps to help make nail trims easier.
1. Get ready to give a BUNCH of treats.
2. Prepare for this to take some time and effort.
3. Start by simply handling your pet’s feet.
4. Click the nail clippers near your pet so they adjust to the sound.
5. After a few days, simply try placing your pet’s nails in the clippers.
6. When your pet is ready for a nail trim, stick to the tips!
For more nail trim tips, watch the full episode of Ask Dr. Andy below:
Subscribe to the Cone of Shame channel on YouTube for more videos from Dr. Roark!
Danielle is a veterinary practice manager and the founder of SnoutSchool.com, a website dedicated to teaching veterinary hospitals to use social media effectively. You can get her 5 favorite social media tools here, or follow her on social media to see excessive photos of her Brussels Griffon. She’s @DanielleSnout on Snapchat, Instagram & Twitter.