Flying with a pet can be a stressful experience for everyone involved, but you can make it successful with a little preparation. In this episode of Ask Dr. Andy, Dr. Andy Roark covers seven steps that will help you prep for a terrific takeoff.
1. Be aware that airline requirements are different.
2. Book flights in advance to ensure your pet can join you.
3. Choose a non-stop flight.
4. Familiarize your pet with the crate beforehand, and be sure it’s the right size.
5. Ensure your pet will have access to water.
6. Visit the vet.
7. Give yourself plenty of time to prep for your flight.
Want more tips for flying with your pet?
Danielle is a veterinary practice manager and the founder of SnoutSchool.com, a website dedicated to teaching veterinary hospitals to use social media effectively. You can get her 5 favorite social media tools here, or follow her on social media to see excessive photos of her Brussels Griffon. She’s @DanielleSnout on Snapchat, Instagram & Twitter.